Treat all our patients like they are a member of our family.
As a Dawson trained dentist in Washington, DC, Dr. Nishan Halim takes a comprehensive approach to dentistry. Dr. Halim collaborates with patients one-on-one to help determine their particular needs, budget, and oral health goals.
Dr. Halim serves patients in Navy Yard, the H Street corridor, and the NOMA area. He provides world-class dental solutions that target dental problems with brilliant results.
Adult and Senior Dental Care
Dr. Halim has advanced training to handle unique challenges that develop over time. As we age, teeth can wear down which changes the fit of the bite. Worn teeth may also appear discolored, because dentin, the dark under-layer beneath the tooth enamel, is showing.
Teeth whitening treatment and restorative dental care are some of the most important dental services for older patients. The GLO teeth whitening system is great for patients who want in-office or take-home teeth whitening treatment.
Dental crowns, dental implants, dentures, and dental bridges can help patients address missing or damaged teeth. Dr. Halim helps patients find high-quality care at any age.
Complete Dental Services
Cosmetic dentistry services at Dr. Nishan Halim’s dentist office include:
- Invisalign: Clear Invisalign aligners gradually straighten misaligned and crooked teeth over time.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers cover damage and discoloration, and can change the alignment and shape of teeth. Veneers are made of porcelain ceramic applied to the front of the tooth.
- Dental Bonding: Teeth bonding treatment is a more economic alternative to porcelain veneers and also covers damaged or discolored teeth
- Tooth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening treatment with the GLO teeth whitening system brightens teeth at home or in our office.
Our general dental services are meant to protect you from future dental health issues. Read about our preventative care treatments here:
- Sports Mouthguards: Custom sports mouthguards protect teeth from tooth loss and concussions as well as future dental work.
- Emergency Dentistry: Dr. Halim treats dental emergencies like broken teeth, broken dental restorations, toothaches, and more.
- Laser Dentistry: Laser dentistry offers pain-free and comfortable care with minimized bleeding, precise treatment, and quick healing times.
Restorative dentistry is the dental discipline of repairing and restoring function to your mouth. We provide the following treatments below:
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge replaces one or more missing teeth. This restoration is made of prosthetic teeth or dental implants supported by an anchor on either side of a missing tooth gap.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns can cover damaged or discolored teeth as well as implants. Professional crowns are made of porcelain ceramic which reflects light for a natural look.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a single missing tooth or full arches of teeth. Implants are small titanium posts that are surgically implanted into the gum tissue. They can secure dental bridges and dentures for a more stable restoration.
- Dentures and Partials: Full and partial dentures can restore multiple missing teeth and whole arches of missing teeth. Dentures improve bite function and support bone retention.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: A full mouth reconstruction replaces and repairs all of the teeth in the mouth. We must first ensure that the teeth and gums are healthy before any teeth are replaced or cosmetically enhanced. Then, any restorative or cosmetic care can be done.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Gum disease causes gum recession, loose teeth, and tooth decay which can be treated with laser dentistry or scaling and root planing.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint disorders are caused by injury to the temporomandibular joints that connect the jawbone to the skull. Difficulty chewing, teeth grinding, teeth clenching, and jaw pain are common symptoms of TMJ.