Treat all our patients like they are a member of our family.
As a Dawson trained dentist in Washington, DC, Dr. Nishan Halim takes a comprehensive approach to dentistry. Dr. Halim collaborates with patients one-on-one to help determine their particular needs, budget, and oral health goals.
Dr. Halim serves patients in Navy Yard, the H Street corridor, and the NOMA area. He provides world-class dental services that target dental problems with brilliant results.
Adult and Senior Dental Care
Dr. Halim has advanced training to handle unique challenges that develop over time. As we age, teeth can wear down, which changes the fit of the bite. Worn teeth may also appear discolored, because dentin, the dark under-layer beneath the tooth enamel, is showing.
Teeth whitening treatment and restorative dental care are some of the most important dental services for older patients. for example, the GLO teeth whitening system is great for patients who want in-office or take-home teeth whitening treatment.
Dental crowns, dental implants, dentures, and dental bridges can help patients address missing or damaged teeth. Dr. Halim helps patients of any age using high-quality dental care.
Complete Dental Services
We provide cosmetic dental procedures to fix any imperfections you have in your mouth. Cosmetic dentistry services at Dr. Nishan Halim’s dentist office include:
- Invisalign: Clear Invisalign aligners gradually straighten misaligned and crooked teeth over time.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers cover damage and discoloration, and can change the alignment and shape of teeth. A veneer consist of porcelain ceramic that our dentist applies to the front of your tooth.
- Dental Bonding: Teeth bonding treatment is a more economic alternative to porcelain veneers. Bonding can also cover damaged and stained teeth, and close gaps between them. However, it’s not as long-lasting and will need touch-ups over time.
- Teeth Whitening: We use the GLO teeth whitening system to provide professional teeth whitening treatment. Using this system, we can brighten your teeth in our office and also give you take-home kits.
Our general dental services will protect you from future dental health issues. The following are some of our preventative care treatments:
- Sports Mouthguards: Custom sports mouthguards protect teeth from tooth loss and concussions as well as future dental work.
- Emergency Dentistry: Dr. Halim treats dental emergencies like broken teeth, broken dental restorations, toothaches, and more.
- Laser Dentistry: Laser dentistry offers pain-free and comfortable care with minimized bleeding, precise treatment, and quick healing times.
Restorative dentistry is the dental discipline of repairing and restoring function to your mouth. We provide the following treatments:
- Dental Bridge: We use a dental bridge to replace one or more missing teeth. This restoration consists of prosthetic teeth supported by an anchor on either side of a missing tooth gap. Dr. Halim can also use dental implants to permanently support a bridge.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns can cover damaged or discolored teeth, as well as cap dental implants. Our crowns consist of porcelain ceramic, which reflects light so it looks as natural as possible.
- Dental Implants: Our dental implants can replace a single missing tooth or full arches of teeth. Dental implants are small titanium posts that our dentist surgically implants into your gum tissue. They can also secure dental bridges and dentures for a more stable restoration.
- Dentures and Partials: Full and partial dentures can restore multiple missing teeth and whole arches of missing teeth. Our dentures will improve your bite’s function and support jaw bone retention.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: A full mouth reconstruction is a comprehensive treatment plan. It combines many treatments to completely replace and repair all the teeth in your mouth. We provide this service for our patients that have severe dental issues like periodontitis and dead teeth.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Gum disease causes gum recession, loose teeth, and tooth decay. We treat gum disease with laser dentistry, scaling and root planing, and more. Let Dr. Nishan Halim stop your gingivitis at the source.
- TMJ Treatment: Injury to the temporomandibular joints that connects the jawbone to the skull causes Temporomandibular joint disorders. Difficulty chewing, teeth grinding, teeth clenching, and jaw pain are all common symptoms of a TMJ disorder. Dr. Halim provides TMJ treatments for patients with jaw pain and other symptoms.