Welcome to the Washington, D.C. dentist office of Dr. Nishan Halim. Committed to excellence in dentistry and the best possible experience for our patients, our dental care team provides comprehensive care for your oral health needs. Dr. Halim is highly trained and experienced in helping patients in all stages of their lives to achieve a smile that is beautiful, comfortable and healthy.
It is our mission to provide the highest level of dental treatment in a caring, professional environment. We believe that the best care results from focusing on our patients as individuals, not as collections of symptoms. Our methods are thorough, sensitive, and pain-free.
Our dental team works together, striving to fulfill these ideals:
- Patient Oriented: Because of Dr. Halim’s unique perspective, we have the time to listen to your questions, rather than rushing you through an appointment. If you have additional questions at the end of a procedure, we encourage you to ask them. If you have a question for Dr. Halim, you can call or email him at any time. We strive to be a “user-friendly” office and use the benefits of modern technology to benefit our level of communication and education.
- Safe and Sterile Environment: We practice the utmost in sterilization and disinfection techniques on our instrumentation and in our dental operatories. Much of our continuing education and investment goes into your safety and protection.
- Comfortable and Relaxing Atmosphere: During treatment, you can relax while watching a favorite TV show or movie, listening to music or taking in the view. Some patients prefer to just take a nap (really!). After your visit, you can freshen up with a warm, scented towel. We try to customize every patient’s experience to their individual preferences.
- Commitment to Excellence: Dr. Halim is committed to excellence in dentistry. We employ the highest quality dental materials, the best supplies available, and superior laboratories. We have found that properly executed restorations can and will stand the test of time. In our office, Dr. Halim uses high-powered magnification during dental treatment, which allows us to detect problems that would not be detected by ordinary vision and to make excellent dental restorations.
- Is this type of personalized dentistry expensive? Initially, yes it does cost more than HMO dentistry, but over the test of time, excellent dentistry is actually less costly. Quality products, including dental restorations, will last longer and be less expensive in the long run in comparison to inferior products purchased initially for less money.
- The Patient Experience Matters the Most: Not only is Dr. Halim committed to making you want to visit his office again in the future, but he also wants you to tell everyone you know about the wonderful dental experience and five-star customer service experience you had at our office. Your opinion matters.
Dawson Academy Training: World Class Dentistry in Capitol Hill
Dr. Halim is a Dawson trained dentist with advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of complex dental problems, often related to the bite. Using the Dawson concepts of Complete Dentistry, Dr. Halim performs a thorough evaluation of your entire occlusal system when you visit with us for routine dental care. This means that we go beyond appearances and the health of the teeth and gums, analyzing the fit and function of your jaw joints. All aspects of your bite should be working together harmoniously with no discomfort- this is the foundation of lifelong oral health and wellness.
Our Promise to You:
We stand behind our work. Our promise to you is that we will repair or replace any fixed restoration (crown, onlay, or a fixed bridge) at no charge for one year, as long as you adhere to your recommended schedule of continuing care. In other words, if you are current* with your check-up appointments and follow our preventive instructions, we will honor this promise.
(*Patients who do not floss or brush as they have been instructed, or who do not come in for their check-ups as scheduled, must assume personal responsibility for any problems that may occur.)